1. ‘Lam Rim Pure Land Retreat’ ~ 3rd January to 13th February 2022
£48.75 – £750.00
‘Lam rim Pure Land Retreat’ with Resident Teacher Gen Losang Kelsang
The Eleven Reversals ~ 6-Week Retreat
Mon 3rd January – Sun 13th February 2022
This retreat is offered as in-person and live stream.
We can experience the benefits from practising Lamrim – the stages of the path of meditation – in this and future lives. Temporarily, through controlling our mind and cultivating inner peace we can solve our daily human problems and find human happiness. However, the happiness of this life alone is not enough – we need everlasting benefits. From the point of view of our ultimate happiness, therefore, our Lamrim practice will lead to eleven main benefits, or indications of success, which will be explained during this retreat as practical methods for reversing our non spiritual minds into a mind headed for permanent inner peace using Buddha’s Sutra and Tantra meditation instructions.
On this 6-week retreat will go through the 11 reversals, on the first two weeks emphasising initial and intermediate scope, in the following 2 weeks emphasising the great scope, and in the last 2 weeks generation and completion stages.
The retreat begins on Monday evening and finishes on Sunday lunchtime. Each retreat session lasts 1hr 15 mins. The retreat is suitable for beginners and experienced meditators looking to deepen their meditation practice.
Gen Losang Kelsang was ordained as a Buddhist monk in 1983 and spent several years in retreat under the guidance of Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche and later taught Kadampa Buddhism internationally in many countries such as the UK, Mexico, the US, Spain, Taiwan, Switzerland, and Japan. He has recently guided retreats at the International Spring and Summer Festival to thousands of people.
As one of Venerable Geshe-la’s most senior students, Gen Losang has a great depth of understanding of the teachings and is very skilful in sharing them in a practical, approachable and light-hearted manner. He is lovingly regarded for his insightful teachings and serves as an inspiration through his devoted practice.
Tara International Kadampa Retreat Centre is set in 38 acres of parkland and gardens in rural Derbyshire, the ideal setting for a quiet and relaxing retreat.
Staying onsite during the retreat offers the best opportunity to absorb yourself fully in the retreat experience.
In-person with accommodation – Full 6 weeks
There are five accommodation options: single en-suite, single, twin-ensuite, shared room and 2-bed apartment. A single en-suite is £1,850 in total. A single is £1,450. A twin ensuite is £2,250 (cost per room not per person). Shared room accommodation is £950. 2-bed apartment is £3,000. A 25% non-refundable deposit is required to secure your place. The remaining 75% balance can be paid on or before arrival.
Included in the six-week residential package are accommodation, meals and education fee.
Please Note: For people travelling from overseas, please check the up-to-date UK Government Covid guidelines for your specific Country before booking or making any travel arrangements.
Tara IKRC does not offer ‘self isolation’ facilities, if you are required by law to self isolate after your arrival to the UK, you will have to make separate arrangements. If you are travelling from abroad, a negative PCR test is required to attend retreat.
In-person with no accommodation
If you do not require accommodation, you can book to attend the retreat with or without meals. Includes lunch and supper. Vegan or vegetarian options only, we regret we are unable to cater for any other specific dietary need.
Live Stream Details: watch live or 14 day catch-up option.
You will need an email address and a phone, laptop, tablet or computer on which to watch the retreat.
By accessing this service you agree not to share the link, not to watch with others who have not bought the ticket, and not to record any part of the audio or video retreat.
We will send you an email confirmation before the retreat starts containing the links to all of the retreat sessions and instructions on how to watch in your own home.
Enquiries to: email@example.com
Residential Bookings close at 6pm on Saturday 1st January.
Livestream Bookings close at 6pm on Monday 3rd January.