Winter Retreat 2023
£48.75 – £237.50
‘Counting retreat of Guru Sumati Buddha Heruka together with instructions from the Kadam Emanation scripture’
with Resident Teacher Gen-la Kelsang Khyenrab
Tue 3rd January – Mon 13th February 2023
This retreat is offered as in-person only. The counting retreat is optional.
In this retreat we will follow the instructions transmitted by Gen la Kelsang Dekyong, our General Spiritual Director, at the NKT-IKBU International Spring Festival 2022. Receiving the blessings of all the Buddhas through our Spiritual Guide, Guru Sumati Buddha Heruka, is the perfect method to discover the treasury of jewel-like realisations hidden within the precious Kadam Emanation Scripture also known as the Ganden Emanation Scripture.
During our retreat sessions we will emphasise equally requesting Guru Sumati Buddha Heruka to bestow blessings by reciting his mantra and meditating on instructions from the Kadam Emanation Scripture. During the first two weeks the meditations will be on Lamrim (stages of the path); during the second two weeks on Lojong (training the mind) and generation stage of Highest Yoga Tantra; and on the final two weeks on completion stage of Highest Yoga Tantra according to Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche’s book The Oral Instructions of Mahamudra.
Those who wish to engage in a short close retreat of actions can complete the collection of 100,000 Guru Sumati Buddha Heruka mantras and end with 10,000 mantras of Vajradaka. After completing 100,000 mantras each person can engage in the Vajradaka burning offering individually, or, if they wish, they can wait until the final 2-3 days when this is done for a group by the retreat leader.
By meditating together on this practice following the sadhana Hundreds of Deities of the Joyful Land According to Highest Yoga Tantra we will create the cause for Kadam Dharma to flourish throughout the world for a very long time. Venerable Geshe-la has passed these oral instructions from the Kadam Emanation Scripture to his faithful modern Kadampa disciples, how fortunate we are! Everybody is welcome.
Gen-la Kelsang Khyenrab is a retired General Spiritual Director of the New Kadampa Tradition – International Kadampa Buddhist Union (NKT-IKBU). He is the Resident Teacher at Tara International Kadampa Retreat Centre and the National Spiritual Director for Canada. Following his Spiritual Guide, Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche for more than forty years, he is an internationally renowned teacher who is greatly admired throughout the world for his powerful teachings, his wisdom, as well as his pure example of humility and loving-kindness. He is also well-known for his deep understanding of Buddha’s teachings and his ability to convey their profound meaning in a very clear and accessible way.
Tara International Kadampa Retreat Centre is set in 38 acres of parkland and gardens in rural Derbyshire, the ideal setting for a quiet and relaxing retreat.
Staying onsite during the retreat offers the best opportunity to absorb yourself fully in the retreat experience.
In-person with accommodation – Full 6 weeks
There are five accommodation options: single en-suite, single, twin-ensuite, shared room and 2-bedroom apartment. A single en-suite is £1,850 in total. A single is £1,450. A twin ensuite is £2,250 (cost per room not per person). A 2-bedroom apartment (max 2 people) is £3,000. Shared room accommodation is £950. A 25% non-refundable deposit is required to secure your place. The remaining 75% balance can be paid on or before arrival.
Included in the six-week residential package are accommodation, meals and education fee.
If your preferred accommodation is unavailable, please fill in this form to be placed on the cancellation list: Accommodation Waiting List 2022
In-person with no accommodation
If you do not require accommodation, you can book to attend the retreat in-person with or without meals. Includes lunch and supper. Vegan or vegetarian options only, we regret we are unable to cater for any other specific dietary need.
Enquiries to: email@example.com
Residential Bookings close at 6pm on Sunday 1st January.
In each session there will be opportunity both for counting mantras and also meditation.
Begins: 7.30pm Tues Jan 3rd – Ends: Lunchtime Mon Feb 13th
Starts: 3rd Jan 7.30-9.00pm
From Jan 4th- Feb 13th session times are:
7.00 – 8.30am
11.30 – 1pm
4.30 – 6pm
7.30 – 9pm
Begins: 7.30pm Tues Jan 3rd
Ends: Lunchtime Jan 9th
Begins: 7.30pm Tues 10th Jan
Ends: Lunchtime Mon 16th Jan
Begins: 7.30pm Tues 17th Jan
Ends: Lunchtime 23rd Jan
Begins: 7.30pm Tues Jan 24th
Ends: Lunchtime Mon 30th Jan
Begins: 7.30pm Tues 31 Jan
Ends: Mon 6th Feb
Begins: 7.30pm Tues 7th Feb
Ends: Lunchtime Mon 13th Feb